The Greenport Gallery Walk is back. Save the first Friday evening of every month from June - December for a night out in the Village of Greenport. Eight village galleries will be participating, some of your old favorites and some new. Besides the galleries many of the other village merchants will also be staying open from 6-9pm. Make an evening of it. Plan dinner at one of the many restaurants from casual to formal dining. Browse the many lovely shops along our historic harbor front maritime village before visiting the galleries. This event is sponsored by the Greenport Business Improvement District.
The participating galleries will be offering refreshments to accompany artist talks, new presentations of work from near and far, demonstrations. Every month a new exhibit. Self guided tour, just follow the map brochure and your whim.
Participating galleries are listed below:
• Gallery M / 407 Main Street / www.gallerym.biz
Gallery M is owned and operated by Myra Eisenberg a North Fork resident and contemporary master craftswoman and jeweler specializing in gold and silver. The gallery features one of a kind signed items created in metal, glass, ceramic, wood, and fiber. You will find many decorative and functional items to grace your home or hand crafted fashion items to be worn and treasured in this unique gallery.
• Hector deCordova Studio / 538 Main Street / www.hadecordova.com
deCordova is a local artist and resident working in many styles and mediums including watercolor, acrylic and assemblage. Both abstract and representational images with fresh, fluidity are included in his repertoire. His work has appeared at the Heckscher Museum, SUNY at Stony Brook, Bridgehampton Cultural Center, as well as in Mexico at the Martin Goode Gallery-Salamagundi Club. deCordova offers workshops in watercolor techniques for both beginners and experienced painters.
• Greenport Harbor Brewing Co Gallery / 234 Carpenter Street / www.harborbrewing.com
Ann Vandenburgh is the curator at this lovely gallery tucked into the upstairs tasting room in the original Greenport location of the brewery. Featuring many local artists specializing in nautical themed work including Scott Bluedorn whose whimsical, fantasy pen and ink drawings appear on the labels of the breweries ales.
• Nova Constellatio Gallery / 419 Main Street / www.novaconstellatiogallery.com
Isabelle Haran-Leonardi is a contemporary realist painter specializing in large scale landscapes of eastern Long Island’s vineyards and waters. Her work has appeared on the cover of Dan’s Papers.
• Olive Studio / 8 Front Street / www.olivemurals.com
Carla Oberlander is the artist in residence at this new addition to Greenport’s art scene. She has been transforming home and business spaces with exterior / interior murals, specialty finishes indoor & outdoors, hand painted furniture, and fashion accessories for many years before coming to Greenport.
• The Sirens’ Song Gallery / 516 Main Street / www.carolinewaloski.com
Caroline Waloski the artist in residence has been exibiting at home and abroad since the 1980’s. The themes of her work are based on the sea, and fantasy. Working in intaglio and relief printing methods,as well as painting, and sculpture with strong mythological and feminist references. The gallery also features the work of artists from the Manhattan Graphics Center: Anneli Arms, Sigrid Sperzel, Hilary North, and North Fork experimental photographic artist JoAnne Dumas. The gallery offers printmaking classes to adults and children. There is also a printmaking studio available to experienced printers for editioning. adults and children. There is also a printmaking studio available to experienced printers for editioning.
• The South Street Gallery & Framers / 18 South Street / www.thesouthstreetgallery.com
Amy Worth and Tom Payne are the proprietors of this contemporary gallery featuring many northeast artists of a variety of styles and disciplines. The gallery has become well known for their 10 x 10 and Postcard exhibits. Worth along with curating the exhibits is an accomplished collage artist. The South Street also holds many workshops and life drawing classes for beginners as well as experienced artists.
• VSOP Art + Design Projects / 311 Front Street / www.vsopprojects.com
Johnathan Weiskopf is the newest gallerist / curator to join the Greenport group of galleries. Featuring emerging and mid career artists and designers. Decorative art, design driven home goods, furniture, and hand crafts create an unexpected shopping experience. The gallery plans on offering screen films, artist talks, live performances and art education opportunities to local youth in the near future.
A sampling of the supporting shops & businesses that will be remaining open 6-9pm on
• Greenport Carousel Rounding Paintings / Silent Auction / Mitchell Park Marina Viewing Deck
July 7 / Noon-9pm. For more information on times of viewing and bidding: 631-477-0248
• Clarke’s Garden / 416 Main Street / www.clarkesgarden.com
Late evening shopping for your home and garden along with refreshments on first Fridays June-December.
• East End Seaport Museum / Third Street near North Ferry Dock / www.eastendseaport.org
The museum will be offering free admission on gallery walk nights. Visit to experience local maritime heritage through exhibits, storytelling, and various creative spotlights.
• Greenport Wines and Spirits / 132 Front Street / www.greenportwinesandspirits.com
Special tastings and pourings of local and international wines July-December on Greenport Gallery Walk evenings. First Fridays of the month will be scheduled 5-7pm.
• Jada Art Studio / 621 First Street / email@example.com
Jada will be participating in the gallery walk in June, July, and August. A realist painter she will be sharing her studio space with abstract painter Pat Dews during the summer. For more information on studio visits and what’s on view: www:greenportvillage.com
• Crinoline Boutique / 449 Main Street / www.crinolinefashion.com / Elegant women’s fashion and accessories. There is also a small line of menswear available. Stop in to see what you can be artfully wearing to the next Greenport Gallery Walk.
• Kon Tiki / 437 Main Street / firstname.lastname@example.org / an intimate artsy oasis for light dining and aperitifs. A good way to begin or end a gallery walk evening. Located in the Gallery Hotel.
• Special Effects Salon & Spa / 455 Main Street / specialeffectssalonandtea.com / The salon will be open every first Friday of the month, June to December 2-7pm to give you an artful look from head to toe in time for an evening of gallery hopping.
• Vines & Branches / 110 Front Street / www.vinesandbranches.net / Stop by this jewel of a specialty food emporium for a taste of premium and kosher olive oils during your gallery hopping.
• Kessie / 25 Front Street / 631-477-6900 / Save time to check out this lovely mixed bag shop for vintage collectibles for the home, new and antique jewelry, fashionable clothing and accessories.
• Flying Point / 405 Main Street / flyingpointsurf.com / This expansive surf shop in the heart of the village will be staying open until 9pm on gallery walk nights. Browse for all the the gear and accessories you need for active water sports or just for looking good and having fun on the beach.
• One Love Beach / 211 Main Street / onelovebeach.com / This family owned and operated boutique sports shop has everything you need to enjoy our local waterways. Equipment for sale or rent, lessons, tours, and clinics, plus accessories and clothing for adults and children. Visit and chat with the friendly, experienced staff.
• Mercantile / 413 Main Street / 862- 333-9036 / Artfully repurposed urban farm style shabby chic furnishings and accessories. Unique items for gift giving or accent items.
• Impulse / 423 Main Street / impulseboutiques.com / Strut your fashionable stuff during the gallery walk in items from this shop that features clothing and accessories for both casual or dress up occasions.
• Metal Monk Jewelry / 15 Front Street / donyalynnobrien.com / Colorful, fun, one of a kind vintage style jewelry created by artist Donya Lynn O’Brien.
For more information on the monthly schedule for the Greenport Gallery Walk visit the calendar page: www.greenportvillage.com. You can also contact the individual galleries to find out more about what they have to offer.
BASIC FACTS: The Greenport Gallery Walk is back takes place the first Friday evening of every month from June - December. Participating galleries and village merchants will stay open from 6 to 9 p.m.
Copyright 2017 Hamptons Art Hub LLC. All rights reserved.